October 30, 2013

Sorsogon City : My Little Secret Caught on Camera





To see Mayon Volcano uplcose was the only goal I had in mind when I finally purchased my plane tickets to Legaspi. But I wanted to also explore the nearby Sorsogon to visit Subic Beach in Matnog and try surfing in Gubat.




Sorsogon City was a good 4 hour bus ride from Legaspi. It was the perfect base since we will be exploring the nearby town of Gubat.We stayed at backpacker hostel. Jeepneys plying the route of Gubat-Sorsogon 2 minutes away from where we stayed.

It was 12 noon.We had time to spare and decided to catch some waves in Gubat. (Kala mo marunong talaga hihihi). We passed through scenic landscapes and was able to finally reach Rizal Resort. I was anticipating my first ever surfing lesson but to my surprise, it was flat. I spoke to the locals and they too were wondering why there were no waves for the past few days considering that it was still surf season.

Junction


Flat 

We were scheduled for Subic Beach the following day. It was eerie because we were the only visitors on our floor. The following day, around 530 am we were all prepped up and  had to leave. The front desk staff was not in his station. We thought that he might have dozed off on the other vacant rooms but he was not there.

Backpackers haven in downtown Sorsogon ;)

Though it was dark, I took a few pictures of the place( hello? cam flash?!). Since the ride to Matnog was approximately 3-4 hours, I started browsing through the photos to pass time. And it was when I saw this photo.I was using a cheap digital camera incapable of editing or doing any photo alterations.





If you look closely, you'll see the silhouette of a woman wearing a hair bun. It was scary but because the front desk staff was not available, maybe she just wanted to bid goodbye and wish us well. 

Good morning, Mt. Bulusan!



I'm halfway done with my Bicolandia Series and will publish it soon!

5 comments:

  1. haven't been to sorsogon though i'd really love to go visit, especially habang di pa super commercialized. hopefully it'll be soon.

    halfwhiteboy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorsogon has a lot to offer. Di talaga siya commercialized. 😄

      Delete
  2. I like that second picture. The one on the bridge overlooking the mountains. Very vivid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good call in taking the flight going there. hehe. we had a road trip in 2010 and it's over 18 hours by land. my pwet was so numb! haha. but seeing the butandings made it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete