December 28, 2012

Chasing the Golden Hour in El Nido



There's something about sunrise and sunsets that every time I witness one,it makes me feel better.There's a certain feeling of comfort.


True to its name, the Stunning Vistas Beach Resort has this nice little cozy view deck perfect for sunset watching.



Long before the trip,I've read several write ups about how perfect the sunset was. But when we were there, the El Nido sky was unforgiving. It rained most of the time that and I was almost ready to throw a tantrum (LOL).





During our last day,we were given a glimpse of hope.The skies were extraordinarily clear that afternoon. I knew this time, we'll see the famed El Nido sunset.

Sunset,beach & booze
Just perfect


Sunset seen from the main El Nido strip
It was glorious. As I watched the magnificent play of colors of the changing horizon, I pondered on the many sunsets that I've witnessed and realized why this one truly stood out. What a great way to end our journey to the Philippines' last frontier.


Happy 8th year to us! :))








1 comment:

  1. Yey! Reading several of your entries about El Nido and found the reason behind the trip. Happy 8th year indeed!

    ReplyDelete